Although anyone can view pages on the iNRG’s web site, to edit the pages, one must be using the university’s Cisco AnyConnect VPN or SSH Socks Proxy and then must login to the site’s WordPress system.
Using the Cisco AnyConnect VPN
- If you don’t already have it, install the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client.
- If you already have another VPN enabled, disable it. One cannot have two VPNs running simultaneously.
- Start a VPN connection.
Using an SSH SOCKS Proxy
- First create an SOCKS SSH tunnel.
- The command ssh -qCND 8080 firstname.lastname@example.org should create a proxy using local port 8080. See the link above for an explanation of the options used.
- If you use PuTTY for SSH follow these instructions.
- Next configure your browser to use your SSH tunnel as a proxy. Here are instructions for Firefox, modify according to your preferred browser:
- When done with WordPress, don’t forget to restore your browse to its original proxy configuration and to close the SSH tunnel.
Logging into WordPress
- Click the LOGIN link at the bottom of the iNRG’s home page.
- Enter your iNRG WordPress login and password.