const char *name = "veenstra"; printf("%email@example.com", name);
- K. Veenstra, “Deployment Algorithms for Outdoor IOT Networks over 2.5D Terrain”. UC Santa Cruz: Computer Engineering. Doctoral Dissertation. 2022. pdf.
- K. Veenstra, et al., “Apparatus and Method for Efficient Deployment of Nodes in a Network”, non-provisional patent application. 2021. Details TBD.
- K. Veenstra and K. Obraczka. “Grid Partition: an Efficient Greedy Approach for Outdoor Camera IoT Deployments in 2.5D Terrain.”, In 29th International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN). August 2020. pdf
- Andrea David, Mariette Souppe, Ivo Jimenez, Katia Obraczka, Sam Mansfield, Kerry Veenstra, Carlos Maltzahn, “Reproducible Computer Network Experiments: A Case Study Using Popper”, 2nd International Workshop on Practical Reproducible Evaluation of Computer Systems (P-RECS’19), co-located with The 28th International Symposium on High-Performance Parallel and Distributed Computing (HPDC) 2019, June 2019. pdf
- K. Veenstra, “BTS 2: A Robust, Low-Cost, Real-Time Bus Tracking System”. UC Santa Cruz: Computer Engineering. Master’s Thesis. 2017. pdf, supplemental files
- S. Mansfield, K. Veenstra and K. Obraczka “TerrainLOS: An Outdoor Propagation Model for Realistic Sensor Network Simulation”, In Proceedings of IEEE Computer Society’s MASCOTS, 2016. pdf
- K. Veenstra and K. Obraczka, “Guiding Sensor-Node Deployment Over 2.5D Terrain”, In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications, 2015. pdf
- B. Nunes, K. Veenstra, W. Ballenthin , S. Lukin, K. Obraczka, “A machine learning framework for TCP round-trip time estimation”, EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, 2014, 2014:47, doi:10.1186/1687-1499-2014-47. pdf
- K. Veenstra, K. Obraczka, W. Gobels, D. Olivares, V. Petkov, “A Management Suite for a Disruption-Tolerant Wireless Network Testbed”, IFIP/IEEE Integrated Network Management Symposium (IM), June 2013. pdf
- B. Nunes, K. Obraczka, K. Veenstra, William Ballenthin , Stephanie Lukin, “A Machine Learning Approach to End-to-End RTT Estimation and its Application to TCP”, 20th IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN’11), July 31st – August 4th, 2011. pdf
- Heile, Frank, Andrew Leaver, and Kerry Veenstra. “Programmable memory blocks supporting content-addressable memory.” FPGA (2000): 13-21. pdf
- Kerry Veenstra, Bruce Pedersen, Jay Schleicher, and Chaikang Sung. “Optimizations for a Highly Cost-Efficient Programmable Logic Architecture.” FPGA (1998): 20-24.
- Visibility — This is the custom simulator that I created for the paper “Guiding Sensor-Node Deployment Over 2.5D Terrain.” src.zip (92 MB) and Data.zip (90 MB)
- BTS 2 — This is the UCSC bus-tracking system which shows real-time locations of the campus shuttles. I designed the hardware and software, constructed the prototype, and managed the student employees who built the production system. The production system provides data to the web site bts.ucsc.edu and to several student-built smartphone apps, such as Slug Route (iOS, Android).
- Fire Monitoring Station — This is the senior design project of Brian Hansen, Flavio Sira, Dmitry Stomakhin, and Fan Zhang. I worked with Dmitry to finish the project and prepare a demo.